Old Tricks Would Make Intruders Reluctant03/02/2014 Back To Blog
Old tricks die last. Our hopes rest on this idea along with frequent lock change because going through these times without major efforts to increase home security is naive. We ought to ourselves to be extra careful and this feeling is intensified in the presence of families. When you have kids your responsibilities multiply, but don't forget that security matters for all people either they are at home or on the road. It is not a coincidence that the majority of Americans invest large amounts of money on security products and high tech door locks and alarm systems. People are scared and they ought to be with so many criminal actions. People fear for their lives and that is actually a good sign because only frightened people would actually take measures for higher protection and never think twice about new lock installation.
Old tricks when you are at home
- Instead of welcoming your friends, you should un-welcome intruders with a big sign warning for the existence of alarm systems and cameras.
- Leave the lights on in some rooms to manifest your presence at home and never leave the windows open upstairs and watch television downstairs.
- Don't keep a steady schedule trying to surprise those, who may be watching your house and planning to break through your security door locks.
- Speak loud with your family and if you live alone speak by yourself. Locomotion would confuse them. Open back doors will just invite them in.
Old tricks for the moments or days you are away
- Ask a friend to pass by your house to pick up the mail, turn on the lights, watch some television and make some noise.
- Ask your neighbors to throw their garbage in your bin some days of the week.
- Install sensors that will turn lights or the alarm on, if someone approaches the perimeter of your house and have your locks replaced before they weaken.
- Get a sensor, which barks. If someone comes too close to your door, the sensor will be activated and the “fake” dog will start barking.
Never rely on simple methods only and always check your doors and windows. Lock replacement and key repair ought to take place often because intruders do know about these old tricks. You just need to confuse them and create reasonable doubt, so that they step back.